8 Prioleau Street, Charleston SC 29401
5 Middle Atlantic Wharf, Charleston, SC 29401, USA5 Middle Atlantic Wharf, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
- Region: 51 - Peninsula Charleston Inside of Crosstown
- Date added: Added 3 weeks ago
- Category: Residential
- Type: Single Family Attached
- Status: Active
- Bedrooms: 3
- Year built: 2005
- Bathrooms Half: 1
- Subdivision Name: French Quarter
- County Or Parish: Charleston
- Bathrooms Full: 3
- Lot Size Square Feet: 0 sq ft
- Lot Size Acres: 0 sq ft
- List Agent MLS ID: 10299
- MLS ID: 23020411
- List Agent Full Name: Rick Horger
Steeped in rich history, old-world charm, and modern luxury, you CAN have it all at 8 Prioleau Street! Located in the heart of the French Quarter, residents of Factor's Walk have the best of Charleston right at their doorstep. Explore the cobblestone streets, dine at world-renowned restaurants, and immerse yourself in the city's vibrant culture. With Waterfront Park just outside your door, and the best shops, galleries, and iconic historical sites a short stroll away, you won't miss a bit of what Travel and Leisure's #1 City has to offer.The building, originally built in 1860 was converted to townhomes in 2005 and meticulously renovated and updated by the current owners. Exposed brick walls, three fireplaces, and oversized windows provide reminders of the building's past, though no modern convenience has been overlooked.
Step inside to find luxury, function, and beauty in the details: Backlit tray ceilings, custom built-in cabinets, remote control lighting and gas fireplaces, and many designer fixtures. Exposed brick walls also add a unique design element that is so characteristic of Historic Charleston.
A beautiful sitting room may also function as a separate formal dining room. The large great room with soaring ceilings and exposed brick surrounding the fireplace is eye-catching. Large windows provide plenty of natural light while custom shutters offer flexibility and privacy.
A large eat-in kitchen includes a second fireplace, an oversized island, and appliances by Wolf, Cove, and Sub Zero. The gorgeous quartz countertops and oversized sink are a chef's delight - even though "World Class" restaurants are a short walk or pedi-cab ride away. A large walk-in pantry provides ample storage. The powder room is conveniently located just off the kitchen.
Upstairs you will find the primary bedroom suite with a gas fireplace, exposed brick wall, and a sound-proof window that opens and closes to the great room below. The en-suite bath includes custom built-in storage, a large closet with a washer/dryer hook-up, electronic fog-free mirrors, dual sinks, and a glass-enclosed shower.
Two additional bedrooms, each with a full en suite bath and generous closet provide plenty of space for guests or family members. An additional laundry space offers extra convenience.
New HVAC, water heater, Daikin smart thermostats, interior paint, and custom closets are additional recent upgrades to the property.
For those comfortable Southern evenings or mornings when you prefer to stay in, a private courtyard space with trellis and iconic Charleston benches provides an intimate outdoor space for al fresco dining or having your coffee.
The townhome also includes a dedicated parking space and a storage unit in the Factor's Walk garage, a rare find in downtown Charleston. Additional on-street parking is usually available along the Waterfront Park.
This is an incredible opportunity to own a piece of Charleston's history and experience the epitome of luxury living and convenience in one of Charleston's most coveted neighborhoods.Show all description
- Directions: From East Bay Street, Left On Exchange, Left On Prioleau.
- Stories: 2
- Building Area Total: 2622 sq ft
- Parking Features: Detached, Off Street, Other (Use Remarks), Garage Door Opener
- Security Features: Fire Sprinkler System
- Entry Location: Ground Level
- Carport Spaces: 0
- Covered Spaces: 0
- Construction Materials: Brick, Stucco
- Garage Spaces: 0
- Roof: Copper
Amenities & Features
- Sewer: Public Sewer
- Exterior Features: Stoop
- Door Features: Some Storm Door(s)
- Cooling Yes/ No: 1
- Window Features: Some Storm Wnd/Doors, Window Treatments
- Cooling: Central Air
- Interior Features: Beamed Ceilings, Ceiling - Cathedral/Vaulted, Ceiling - Smooth, Tray Ceiling(s), High Ceilings, Kitchen Island, Walk-In Closet(s), Wet Bar, Eat-in Kitchen, Entrance Foyer, Great, Loft, Pantry, Separate Dining
- Heating: Heat Pump
- Flooring: Ceramic Tile, Wood
- Fireplace Features: Bedroom, Gas Log, Great Room, Kitchen, Three
- Fencing: Fence - Metal Enclosed