175 Saint Margaret Street, Charleston SC 29403
175 St Margaret St, Charleston, SC 29403, USA175 St Margaret St, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
- Region: 52 - Peninsula Charleston Outside of Crosstown
- Date added: Added 4 weeks ago
- Category: Residential
- Type: Single Family Detached
- Status: Active
- Bedrooms: 5
- Year built: 1950
- Subdivision Name: Wagener Terrace
- County Or Parish: Charleston
- Bathrooms Full: 5
- Lot Size Square Feet: 12632.4 sq ft
- Lot Size Acres: 0.29 sq ft
- List Agent MLS ID: 11687
- MLS ID: 23020381
- List Agent Full Name: Marshall Walker
Never before publicly offered for sale! Welcome home to 175 Saint Margaret Street, located in the desirable Wagener Terrace neighborhood, just north of Hampton Park. This 3630 sqft mid century modern home was originally built in circa 1950 for the Brickman family and stayed with the same owner until 2016. Renovated in 2017 by the Charter of Charleston award winning builder, Marc Engelke of Engelke Homes this home is truly one of the cornerstone homes of Wagener Terrace. Being on a corner lot with 5 majestic live oak trees, the home's formal entrance is located on Saint Margaret Street. Driveway parking, a one car garage, a side entry and electric vehicle charger are located on Eighth Ave.Through the front gate and up the walk, you are welcomed by a wide teak front porch that leads into the classic foyer, complete with period terrazzo floors.
The foyer opens on either side, to the left, a formal living area with a fireplace (non working) and views of the back terrace and backyard. To the right, is the home's den or 5th bedroom.
Straight ahead, you'll enter into the heart of the home with a well lit open style family room, dining and gourmet kitchen.
This area of the home is full of large windows and glass panel doors to take advantage of the natural light and, once again, sweeping views of the curved bluestone terrace and yard and majestic oak trees .
It does not take long before you can imagine yourselves entertaining in this wonderful space, which seamlessly intertwines both the indoors and outdoor living areas.
No expense was spared when designing the kitchen; being complete with Thermidor appliances and a vast center island. The sleek custom cabinetry well as marble countertops and backsplash are timeless. Entertaining has never been easier!
Down the sisal wallpapered hallway you'll again find the den / guest room followed by a large, bright guest bedroom; separated by a full hallway bathroom.
The expansive primary bedroom is also located on the main level and has been thoughtfully designed with a large walk in closet, and wet bath.
The primary bath is tiled from floor to ceiling, featuring marble penny tile and large wall tiles. This simple and elegant design speaks for itself with an open shower, double sinks and soaking tub.
As you ascend to the second floor you will find two more well sized bedrooms each with their own full bath. Both bedrooms have fabulous light and privacy away from the main level. Perfect for guests or children. Each of these bedrooms feature massive storage closets in addition to double clothes closets. The previous owners used one as storage and the other as a private children's playroom / hideaway!
Along the upstairs hallway you will also find a spacious laundry utility room, with access to the media WLAN closet.
At the rear of the main level you will find a one car garage with translucent panel doors. This garage also features a mini split HVAC unit and a full bathroom in anticipation of a pool being added. Little details abound, including a children's water fountain just outside the garage on one of 3 teak decks.
The yard is amazing, fully fenced, with mature landscaping, sweeping lawn, all situated on a lot of extraordinary size for the neighborhood. The yard would easily support a pool and perhaps even a pool house if one need even more space!
The exterior brick on the home has been painted, and the interior has been meticulously cared for with recent fresh paint.
Not a single detail was overlooked, the interior design reflects an "mid century" design style with carefully chosen wallpaper throughout the home which gives a unique & everlasting impression.
This 5 bedroom, 5 bath is a great option for a growing family or anyone looking for extra space!
The Wagner Terrace neighborhood offers, city living with a warm community feel.
175 Saint Margaret Street is close to Charleston's finest dining and shopping. Walk, bike or drive to many of The Peninsula's top award winning restaurants and trendiest bars.Show all description
- Parking Total: 1
- Directions: (from Rutledge) Heading South On Rutledge Avenue, Take A Left Onto Saint Margaret Street. Continue Straight Until You Reach The Intersection Of Saint Margaret & 8th Avenue. Home Is On The Left. Corner Lot.
- Stories: 2
- Building Area Total: 3630 sq ft
- Parking Features: 1 Car Garage, Off Street, Other (Use Remarks)
- Carport Spaces: 0
- Covered Spaces: 1
- Construction Materials: Brick Veneer
- Garage Spaces: 1
- Roof: Asphalt
Amenities & Features
- Water Source: Public
- Patio & Porch Features: Deck, Patio, Front Porch, Porch - Full Front
- Architectural Style: Traditional
- Sewer: Public Sewer
- Cooling Yes/ No: 1
- Window Features: Window Treatments - Some
- Cooling: Central Air
- Interior Features: Ceiling - Smooth, Kitchen Island, Walk-In Closet(s), Ceiling Fan(s), Bonus, Eat-in Kitchen, Family, Formal Living, Entrance Foyer, Great, Living/Dining Combo, Office, Study, Utility
- Heating: Forced Air, Heat Pump
- Flooring: Ceramic Tile, Marble, Wood
- Fireplace Features: Living Room, One, Other (Use Remarks)
- Fencing: Privacy, Fence - Wooden Enclosed