1539 Cedar Avenue, Moncks Corner SC 29461
1539 State Rd S-8-700, Moncks Corner, SC 29461, USA1539 State Rd S-8-700, Moncks Corner, SC 29461, USA
- Region: 76 - Moncks Corner Above Oakley Rd
- Date added: Added 1 month ago
- Category: Residential
- Type: Single Family Detached
- Status: Active
- Bedrooms: 4
- Year built: 1993
- Bathrooms Half: 0
- Subdivision Name: Fairlawn Barony
- County Or Parish: Berkeley
- Bathrooms Full: 3
- Lot Size Square Feet: 18295.2 sq ft
- Lot Size Acres: 0.42 sq ft
- List Agent MLS ID: 26829
- MLS ID: 23019645
- List Agent Full Name: Jennifer Rogers Henderson
This gorgeous, custom, stick built home is located on a tidal creek in the highly sought after Cedar Island subsection of Fairlawn Barony. Opportunities here do not come available often and when they do, they don't last long! This community is known for its beautiful location along the Cooper River, giving residents access all the way to the Intercoastal Waterway of Charleston and the Santee Cooper Locks for access to Lake Moultrie and Lake Marion. If you love fishing, boating, skiing or just the peaceful beauty of nature, this is the place for you! Sitting on almost a half acre lot, plus no HOA, you can keep all of your toys at your fingertips, including boats, RVs, campers and more! There's even a neighborhood boat ramp located on Cedar Island! When you arrive, you will immediately fall in love with the huge wrap around porch, where you can imagine yourself rocking or swinging on a breezy afternoon with a glass of sweet tea in hand or a peaceful morning with a cup of coffee, kids playing on a historic Charleston joggling board or playing in the large front yard while neighbors pass on their morning or evening golf cart ride!
Upon entering the home you will immediately see the quality craftsmanship and versatility of the space! The primary bedroom, conveniently located downstairs on the first floor features a walk-in closet, large en suite, private bathroom with multiple vanities, garden jacuzzi tub, stand up shower and additional linen closet. There is a second bedroom on the first floor with full bath just outside in the hall that was most recently used as an office/study with beautiful built-in wood bookshelves, but also designed with a large walk-in closet making it easily transition to a bedroom or other flex space of your choosing. Two additional bedrooms with multiple closets are located upstairs on the second floor with another full bathroom.
The expansive kitchen boasts tons of counter space and cabinets, including floor to ceiling pantry, silestone countertops, updated tile backsplash, large island and eat in kitchen area. There's a huge separate dining room off of the kitchen that will accommodate a table for 10+ guests for large family or special occasion dinners. The family/great room features a brick hearth, wood burning fireplace and high vaulted ceiling. Gleaming hardwood floors run throughout most of the home, brand new carpet in the bedrooms and the entire home was just freshly painted inside.
Double doors off the rear of the home lead to an expansive deck overlooking the tidal creek, where you can fish, kayak and observe local wildlife like deer, rabbits, owls and more! The huge fenced backyard with double gate for easy accessibility leaves endless possibilities for storing campers, RVs, boats, four wheelers and plenty of room for the addition of a pool, etc. The property is complimented with mature landscaping, gutters, outdoor lighting and more. The area across the creek, Fort Fairlawn, is preserved and protected under a conservation easement through the Lord Berkeley Conservation Trust and totals over 80 acres and 2.5 miles of pedestrian walking trails, educational kiosks and is adjacent to Santee Canal Park located along the Cooper River.
The home features a second dwelling, a two car detached garage with additional 338 sq ft FROG with tons of storage and a recently updated full bathroom. This space could serve multiple purposes from a fifth bedroom, extra rental income, office or business space, MIL suite, etc!
Boat Ramp directions: Pass the home on your left, then R at the stop sign, R at next stop sign and it will be directly in front of you at the end of Dennis before you have to curve to the R to stay on Dennis. OR As you are coming to the property, do not turn onto Cedar after you go over the bridge, instead go straight and it will be on your R before the road curves to the L along the River. Note the Creek is tidal so the level of the water will depend on the time you are there, preferably go during high tide.
Roof 2019 w/transferable warrantyShow all description
- Parking Total: 2
- Directions: From Hwy 52 North Into Moncks Corner, Turn R Onto Edward Drive And Follow To The Stop Sign, Then Turn L Onto Dennis Blvd. Go Over The Bridge, Then Turn L Onto Cedar Ave And The House Will Be On Your L.
- Stories: 2
- Building Area Total: 2468 sq ft
- Parking Features: 2 Car Garage, Detached, Off Street, Garage Door Opener
- Carport Spaces: 0
- Covered Spaces: 2
- Construction Materials: Brick
- Garage Spaces: 2
- Roof: Architectural
Amenities & Features
- Water Source: Public
- Patio & Porch Features: Deck, Patio, Wrap Around
- Architectural Style: Traditional
- Sewer: Septic Tank
- Exterior Features: Dock - Existing
- Door Features: Some Storm Door(s), Some Thermal Door(s), Storm Door(s)
- Cooling Yes/ No: 1
- Waterfront Features: River Access, Tidal Creek, Waterfront - Shallow
- Window Features: Some Storm Wnd/Doors, Some Thermal Wnd/Doors
- Cooling: Central Air
- Interior Features: Ceiling - Cathedral/Vaulted, Ceiling - Smooth, High Ceilings, Garden Tub/Shower, Kitchen Island, Walk-In Closet(s), Eat-in Kitchen, Frog Detached, Great, Media, In-Law Floorplan, Office, Pantry, Separate Dining, Study, Utility
- Heating: Electric, Heat Pump
- Flooring: Ceramic Tile, Wood
- Fireplace Features: Great Room, One, Wood Burning
- Fencing: Privacy, Fence - Wooden Enclosed