11 George Street, Charleston SC 29401
11 George St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA11 George St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
- Date added: Added 4 months ago
- Bedrooms: 6
- Year built: 1813
- Bathrooms Half: 0
- Subdivision Name: Ansonborough
- County Or Parish: Charleston
- Bathrooms Full: 6
- Lot Size Square Feet: 11761.2 sq ft
- Lot Size Acres: 0.27 sq ft
- MLS ID: 23011399
Unique opportunity to live in/operate a licensed Bed & Breakfast in the heart of historic downtown Charleston! Fully Furnished! Located in the elegant Ansonborough neighborhood just two blocks from all the excitement of King Street, the stunning 1813, 6000+ sqft Mary Scott House has been operated as a charming B&B for years. Renovated extensively in 2014, including 12.5 Tons of new HVAC systems in 6 zones, new plumbing and electrical where needed, new kitchens and appliances, and other numerous improvements. The Inn boasts four luxurious guest suites in addition to the owner's duplex apartment. Zoned STR, the property features 10 off street parking spaces, double piazzas, and an ample garden area.The spectacular owner's apartment is comprised of 1 bedroom (with opportunity to convert separate dining space into 2nd bedroom)/ 2 marble tiled bathrooms with a gourmet eat-in kitchen, large living room with a terrace, dining room, spacious dressing room/ walk-in closet, and main floor piazza.
In keeping with the historic relevance of the Inn, the Mary Scott suite on the second floor is a perfect antebellum period residence with a Queen size four-poster bed in the large bedroom, well appointed living room, galley kitchenette, and exposed brick and marble bathroom.
The Mod Suite at the garden level is an elegant rendition of a mid-century ambiance with a Queen size bed, living room, open kitchen and fabulous bathroom.
The delightful MacKenzie Childs suite on the second floor is fully furnished with the designer's whimsical furniture and appointments throughout. Along with the top of the line kitchen and bathroom, it makes for an exceptional guest accommodation.
The ground floor Coastal Suite perfectly interprets the Carolina seaside spirit and accommodates two guests in the King size bed and a third person in the day bed in the living room. A Spa grade bathroom and a fully accessorized kitchen complete the facility.Show all description
- Parking Total: 1
- Directions: Heading South On Meeting Take A Left Onto George, Building Is On The Right Before The Corner Of Anson.
Amenities & Features
- Water Source: Public
- Patio & Porch Features: Front Porch
- Architectural Style: Charleston Single, Live/Work
- Sewer: Public Sewer
- Door Features: Some Thermal Door(s)
- Cooling Yes/ No: 1
- Window Features: Some Thermal Wnd/Doors
- Cooling: Central Air
- Interior Features: Beamed Ceilings, Ceiling - Smooth, High Ceilings, Garden Tub/Shower, Kitchen Island, Walk-In Closet(s), Ceiling Fan(s), Eat-in Kitchen, Family, Formal Living, Entrance Foyer, In-Law Floorplan, Office, Pantry, Separate Dining, Study, Sun
- Heating: Forced Air
- Flooring: Other, Wood
- Fireplace Features: Bedroom, Dining Room, Living Room